Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A NEW JOB!!!

On Oct. 6th I started my new job. I had a little falling out with Macy's and contacted an old manager I used to work for. I am friends with him on facebook and thought I would ask if he was hiring, and he was. I turned in my 2 weeks at Macy's on the 22nd of September and started at Deseret Book on Oct. 6th. I love my job!!! Travis says I come home so much happier, and I'd have to agree. It's such a different atmosphere, they care about their employees and their customers. I even won my first store contest with my group my first month. I am working at the DB on University Parkway next to the distribution center. I guess I'm trading in shoes and handbags for books and art. I'm ok with that though, I LOVE reading. I just finished The Undaunted by Gerald Lund. I wish it wasn't just one book, I wanted it to continue. I had never heard of the hole in the rock expedition and really enjoyed the history in the story. At the end of every chapter Lund tells you what is true history and what was fictional. Well now that this has turned into a book review. . . all I have to say is the next time you're in Orem, come see me!

1 comment:

  1. oh how exciting! Maybe I will run into you sometime I love that DB not to mention funfinity and the custard place..:) Your family is cute glad you are happier now with work

    ReplyDelete