Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Deer Hunt 2009




Travis was able to get Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off for the deer hunt this year. So up west canyon we went trailer in tow for our last camping trip of the year. The weather was so nice compared to years before. So the kids were able to play outside a lot. The bishop and his two girls came up Thursday and drove around with us trying to find a deer. Then the bishop came up Friday as well. He must be luck and I say luck because I'm not sure whether it's good or bad luck. Travis saw a buck and shot it. When he got up to it he found out it was a two by nothing! It only had one antler. He's probably going to kill me when he finds out that I posted about his "kill" like this, but he never reads my blog. . . so I'm probably safe :D. To save face, he says he was getting rid of the bad genes in that area. I think that's all that's there. His brother shot a three by none and a one by none the two years before. Aren't these supposed to be non-typical? I can't complain though, he got his deer the third day of the hunt and now we'll have jerky. It was a great camping trip with friends and family. It was a little weird not to be in oak grove but the kids had fun. They climbed up the hill, played in the trees, and got very VERY dirty. I guess it's not a camping trip unless the kids get dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment