Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halloween


We had a very busy Halloween this year. The Monday before Halloween was Grandma Gray's party. The kids had to wrap Krissi and Heidi up like a mummy with toilet paper (the hit of the evening) and they had a doughnut eating contest. We hung them with string and looped them over a long rod and the kids had to kneel down with their hands behind their back and try and eat it all. It was hilarious!! Then we went trick-or-treating at the legacy center on Friday. We played games, watched the magic show and of course got candy. Saturday we started out at Grandma Carpenter's house. We went over there at 10:30 so the grandparents could see all the kids in their costumes. We got home and took a short nap then it was off to the ward trunk-or-treat. We came home for awhile and then took the kids out. We had a Batman, Buzz Lightyear, and Tinkerbell. I made Keira's costume with the help of my mom. She helped me form and sew the wings. I dyed the onsie, spray painted the wings and added sparkle, and made the tutu. I see many more tutus in Keira's future. They are so cute and fun to make. Oh Travis was a hunter ( a stretch I know) and I was Mulan as the kids said. My dad brought me that Komono from Japan. The kids had so much fun and got way too much candy. Alex was dragging his bucket on the way home because it was way to heavy. There is a family in our ward who does cookies and hot chocolate every year. So, that was our last stop before heading home. Something warm to put in their tummies. They came home looked through their loot and made Travis promise not to steal it (or eat it). Then off to bed they went. They are already talking about what they want to be next year. I'm sure it will change a hundred times between now and then though.

No comments:

Post a Comment