Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The MTC


My father in-law is in a branch presidency at the MTC. They go every Sunday and Tuesday and then sometimes Wed to meet the new missionaries. Because of this I got to have a very unique experience. The last Sunday that Kevin was in the Provo MTC my mother in-law got home from Hawaii and was so tired she needed a helper to get her to her meetings. The boys were sick so Travis stayed home with them and Keira and I went. We went and ate lunch and while we were eating Kevin walked in right by our table. He was so surprised!!!! My mother in-law and another sister missionary had to stop him from hugging me. He kept saying, "It's my sister, I can hug my sister". They had to explain to him that even though they knew it was ok everyone else didn't know I was his sister. They aren't even shaking hands because of H1N1. So we rocked it :). His companion is the one next to him on the left and these are some of the missionaries in branch. He went and grabbed his lunch and then came and sat down and had lunch with us. It was amazing to see how much he had already changed. I couldn't believe it. He said he had been playing Volleyball everyday because the only time he got to play was at the CFR. He asked how everyone was doing and I gave him the run down. I even tried calling my mom and dad but they were in a farewell for a relative in Wyoming. I wasn't trying to rub it in or anything. I just said I had run into someone at the MTC they might know. Before he left for his meetings he gave me a list of things he wanted before leaving for Peru. We finished our lunch and Carol was showing me around. We had Elders and Sisters coming up to us to see Keira. She was the hit of the day. One of the sisters thanked me for bringing a baby in, and one of the Elders got a little choked up because he had just left a little sister at home. It was so cute. The MTC was amazing, there are so many people there, and the spirit is so strong. It will be something I never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment