Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Church and FHE

Two weeks ago Travis and Austin went to Sacrament meeting without the rest of us. Keira and Alex were sick so Travis and I did the trade off thing. He and Austin went to Sacrament meeting then came home and Austin and I went to Primary. Well, it was fast Sunday and Travis asked Austin if he wanted to share his testimony. Austin looked at Travis and said "yes, but mom didn't give it to me." It was so cute, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. We decided though that the kids should start giving the lesson and sharing their testimonies during family home evening. Monday was Austin's turn for the lesson. He kept telling me that he knew what he was going to talk about. He didn't need any help. I finally convinced him to tell me his lesson just in case it wasn't long enough. He then told me the story of the three little pigs.
I told him he did a very good job but what lesson do we learn, or how could we make it more spiritual. He then told me that the big bad wolf is like satan and he tries to trick us, or gets us to make bad choices. Then I asked him about the brother that made his house out of bricks. He said that brother made a good choice and kept his family safe. He said the brother was like Heavenly Father and Jesus they help us make good choices, keep our families safe, and they scare the wolf away with a big pot of boiling water. He did such a good job for FHE and Alex listened the whole time and wants to do the lesson next week. I love my kids so much!! They learn so fast and bring so much joy into our lives.

1 comment: