Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Provo River Falls 2011


It seems like for the first time ever we weren't in a hurry to get to my family reunion.  We usually leave Friday night and are setting up camp at 10 or 11pm.  This year we both had Friday off and we just took our time, took some back roads, and really enjoyed the ride.  We decided to stretch our legs at the Provo River Falls and get some pictures of the kids.  The boys were happy to oblige, however the Bug had fallen asleep and it took her a little while to wake up. 

While the bug was waking up we let the boys run around for awhile and see the waterfall close up.  There weren't too many people there so they could do what they wanted.  We've been there a few times when the place is overrun by photographers, professional and amateur.

The first few pictures we took of the boys were pretty funny,  Austin loves to ham it up for the camera.  We have pictures of him hanging from trees jumping from the rocks and making silly faces.  Alex will do a goofy one and then get down to business. 
He is such a handsome little guy and his smile lights up his whole face!



When we can get a real smile out of Austin, I love it!  He's such a goof though, that those are few and far between.  I don't mind it too much because that is his personality and it comes out in the pictures.  Travis was trying to get him to lean against the tree and
 relax, a pretty hard task for someone always on the go.  We finally got a pretty good picture, and I am happy.


At this point Keira was still not ready for her pictures so we took a few of the boys together.  I love that my boys are friends.  They have their moments when one wants to kill the other but at the end of the day they have each others backs.





We finally got the bug to smile for the camera.  As you can see from her hair, she didn't want it messed with but I think the picture is still cute.  I can't believe how fast she is growing.  Every time I look at her I just think, where did my baby go? 

It took her awhile to want to play in the water but after I helped her get her toes wet she was out with her brothers in the shallow parts.  I am so glad we stopped for awhile.  It broke up our trip and we had fun getting pictures of our kids. 


For the first time ever, I believe, we used the timer setting on our camera.  We wanted to get a family shot and we were the only ones at the the falls at the time.  Travis set it up on a rock and ran over to us.  The first picture we were all looking in different directions and talking.  The second one looked pretty good.




We may have a new tradition in the making.  We go to my family reunion in Wyoming every year and if we have the time this isn't really out of the way at all.






                                                                      


 I LOVE MY CUTE LITTLE FAMILY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment