Friday, June 29, 2012

CFR 2011 Edition

My grandparents and all our family on down were in charge of the Carpenter Family Reunion this year.  We got together a couple of times to decide on a theme and we finally convinced our parents to let us do a medieval theme.  My parents had sweatshirts and t-shirts made up with the Carpenter Coat of Arms and we planned a few games to go along with it.  Saturday morning was the 5k and half marathon with breakfast served at the finish line.  All of my cousins had been training for months and somehow convinced Travis to run with them.  He had not run more than two miles together before this but he finished and with a pretty good time.  I was going to run the half but I ran the 5k instead. 
We had a breakfast of pancakes, bacon, sausage, and orange juice at the finish line for anyone who wanted to eat after running and for the cheerleaders.
After the race we had a few games for the kids and had a large meal with everyone Saturday night.  Sunday we went to church and came home and had a few games.  Travis and I were the first ones to try out the balancing overgrown q-tip game.  The name escapes me right now but that's what the boys thought they were.  I don't think that anyone else had as much fun as we did going up against each other.  Sunday afternoon we had a potluck with everyone and then that night we had delicious scones.  Monday morning we woke up very early and drove to Lagoon to be with Trav's family at their annual Lagoon day.  We ran from ride to ride and had a picnic in the pavilions.  Travis made me get on WICKED because I am not a huge roller coaster fan.  I can handle a lot of them but when they spin or go upside down it takes me awhile to get on.  We also went on Wild Mouse  a few times, which is one of Travis' least favorite rides.  He thinks it's going to jerk him right over the side. . .
After a full day at the park from open to close we grabbed a bite to eat and headed for home. We put the kids straight to bed and unloaded as much as we could before we crashed ourselves. 

Labor Day weekend is always one of the busiest of the year for us, but getting to see all our family definitely makes it worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment