Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Bug turns 2

 My baby turned 2!
 Keira's birthday is so close to the 4th of July so we had a patriotic theme this year.  Several of the kids also came dressed in red, white, and blue.  I tried to curb my party planning just a little because Travis always thinks I go overboard. 
 We had her party at the park by our house and we let the kids play on the playground for awhile before we let Keira open presents.  The adorable pink sofa she is sitting on was a gift from her grandma and a couple of her aunts. 
 We had cupcakes and rootbeer floats while watching fireworks.  We waited as long as we could but we didn't want to keep everyone out too late so Fireworks were done in twilight. 

 We also brought sparklers for all the kids and from the look on Keira's face it's hard to tell if she loved it or was afraid of it. 
 I also had glow sticks and necklaces for the kids as well.
  I love being able to get together with friends and family and birthdays are a good excuse to do just that.  I'm so glad that even though Travis thinks I go overboard, he still lets me do these every year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment