Monday, February 22, 2010

Alex's 4th birthday party





Alex loves Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear. He told me after Austin's birthday last year that he was going to have a buzz lightyear party for his birthday. My kids change their minds a hundred times before deciding what they actually want. So I was surprised that this stuck. And with the 3rd Toy Story movie coming out this year and Buzz Lightyear being so popular you would be able to find party supplies for a Buzz birthday. Nope! You have to order everything online. I have done this before but didn't have time to do order this time. So we made due with what we had. When the kids got to the party they got to choose a name. I had written down all the well known characters from the movies and they chose one to be for the day. They got to color pictures, until everyone got there, of Buzz Lightyear and Zurg. Then we split everyone into two groups and they had to go on a scavenger hunt. We had placed toy story toys, stickers and pictures around the room and the team who collected the most won! It was madness as kids took off in all directions. Then they got to have relay races on Buzz Lightyears' shoes. The last game we played was a version of pin the tale on the donkey. The kids took their name badges that they got when they came in and had to pin it on buzz. With lots of candy and prizes all over we decided to have cupcakes and ice cream while Alex opened presents. I was going to make a cake for Alex but the figurines I needed sold out. Let's just say this birthday wasn't up to my normal par :(. Alex had fun though and that's what matters. So with all the cake drama I just gave in and did cupcakes. We put army men, woody, and buzz lightyear on the cupcakes that were purple and green. Alex loved opening presents and got a lot of fun stuff. Then we gave everyone their goody bags and sent them on their way. The thing I look forward to most after Alex's birthday, being when it is, is Miss America. We run around, play games, eat too much cake and ice cream, keep kids happy while the birthday boy opens presents and then when they leave I go home fall on the couch and relax. And I can't think of a better way to do it. I'm sure Travis can but he did watch it with me this year. He said it was only for the swimsuits . . . but he watched all of it. Love ya babe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment