Monday, May 2, 2011

Progress on the Basement


Do you know what happens when you work on something for TWO YEARS? I do, you say to heck with it and finally hire someone to come in and do the work you don't want to do. We got a guy to come in and finish sanding and texture on our basement. He got everything finished up in one day and we got to start painting. We painted the family room and the computer room in the tan color, it's also the same color as our living room and dining area.
We went with this really pretty aqua color for our bathroom and it's going to look great when I get everything put together. We found a black coffee colored vanity that makes the color stand out that much more. Word to the wise don't pick out a paint color after midnight and expect to like it in the morning. I went to pick up more ceiling paint and Travis said that if I wanted to paint the playroom I needed to get the paint right then. I thought that a pale green would make the boys happy but we could add a little girl to it as well. I got home and Travis started painting. It was a complete shock! I didn't expect the color to be that bright. The boys love the color and it is growing on me, I'm sure I will like it more when we have door on and it isn't screaming at me in the family room.

No comments:

Post a Comment