Monday, May 2, 2011

Alex's Birthday Party

Alex decided he wanted a Mario Brothers birthday party this year. Well, at first, he wanted a Luigi party but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find enough of just Luigi so he graciously consented to a Mario and Luigi party. We had his party the Saturday before his birthday. We had games set up for all the kids we had Yoshi egg races (with a fair amount of cheating) and then I made Travis be Mario and the kids got to be the fire shooting plants and try and hit Travis with a ball. I also had blocks and question marks through out the room and when it came time, the kids all ran around and tried to get the most points. I found a website that sold little question mark boxed and star power boxes so that's what the prizes were. We also had our Wii set up for the kids to play Mario Brothers. Alex got to choose the ice cream and he chose play-dough. I had never had it before but it was brightly colored and fit in well with the Mario land we were creating. After having tried the ice cream I don't think I'll be buying that kind again. Alex wasn't really a fan of it either. The cupcakes were super cute though. I made red and green frosting and then topped them off with a few white chocolate chips that were upside down. They looked like "bigs" and "1 ups". On his actual birthday he got to open presents from us and then we took Keira to my parents house and took the boys to Trafalga in Lehi. We played mini golf and went Laser Tagging twice. They also climbed the wall, went on all the rides, and had ice cream. We picked up Keira and on the way home both of the boys fell asleep in the car. I love when we tucker them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment