Monday, May 2, 2011

Carpet NO MORE!!


For a very long time I wanted to get rid of the carpet in the front room of our house. It was old, gross, and I hated it. Travis kept saying that we would have to finish the basement first. I don't know what changed his mind but it changed and we put in wood floor laminate. Friday night we ripped out everything we could without waking up our kids and finally went to bed about 1 am on Saturday morning. We got up about 7 and finished up what we couldn't do the night before. When Cory got to our house we were pulling nails out of the floor. By the way, that part sucks! After we had a smooth floor we laid down the thin foam paper stuff and started laying out the laminate. I was actually surprised how fast it went down.
It took longer when you had to go around vents or into closets but we got the living room and dining area done in one day. We did the kitchen the next weekend. With new paint and new floor the upstairs is going to look just as new as the downstairs. I just need to get my baseboards back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment