Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our first successful fishing trip of the year





The weekend of my birthday we decided to go fishing with some friends. We decided to head out to Vernon because they had just planted fish there. Of course the entire drive out there it was pouring rain. I don't know what it is but every time we decide to go fishing it's raining. When we get to the spot we want to fish it's beautiful, so I guess we are really lucky. Alex just got his very own fishing pole so we set up our chairs and Travis helped the boys cast out. Travis caught the first fish and the boys were so excited. Alex ended up catching 2 fish!!!! He was so funny, he kept telling me he caught more than daddy and Austin. Austin was getting a little frustrated because he hadn't caught anything yet. But before he left he got one as well. Austin also got his first kiss, yes I said kiss. I knew we were going to have to watch him, I just didn't think it would be so soon. He and Kenya are quite the little mischief makers!! Well, we ended up taking home 4 fish and Travis cooked them up the next day. The boys liked eating the fish they caught, and have become excellent bone spitters. Every mom's dream!!! I'm sure there will be many more fishing adventures this summer. And hopefully they are JUST fishing adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Woot woot, Austin!
    (Oh, and could you post the pictures from the zoo he has on his camera? I really want (/ed) to see them!! :)
    Love, Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete