Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Work Baby Shower






Last Friday Jill and Crystal threw me a baby shower. I was getting a little worried because earlier that day I started having contractions. I almost called Jill three times to warn her that I might be going to the hospital, but they eventually stopped and everything went on as planned. After everyone got there we ate. We had those little sandwich wraps, fruit, and drinks. When we had finished eating they broke out the games. The first game was guess mommy's tummy size. Everyone had to take a roll of toilet paper and guess how big around I was. Jill was my favorite, she only took two squares :), but Liz was the winner with 11 squares. I measured 10 squares around my tummy. Then Crystal brought out a bunch of magazines and everyone had to cut out different body parts to make what they thought Keira would look like. This was really funny. I wish I could post all the pictures, but this is the winning one. After games I got to open presents. I got some really cute stuff. I think Dianne wins the prize for most stuff in the smallest bag. I wish I had a picture of everything she had in the little gift bag. She had 3 sets of socks, 2 headbands, 5 onsies, a pair of shorts, and a top!! Donna gets the most interesting prize. She gave me a box with cupcakes all over the outside. When I opened it up there were 12 mini cupcake liners with 12 newborn rolled up socks to look like cupcakes. They are so cute!!!! Crystal made the picture frame. It's a little hard to see but Keira's name is across the top. I also got tons of cute little clothes, blankets, toys, and a flower arrangement for me :). Oh and diapers. Jill and Crystal had a raffle, anyone who brought a package of diapers was entered in it. So I've got tons of diapers now. After gifts we had yummy chocolate cake with strawberry mousse filling. Then we just chatted the rest of the night. I had so much fun having a night with friends. Now Keira just needs to come so we can use all of her cute new presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment