Monday, April 13, 2009

TOTALLY WICKED!!





Last Thursday I finally got my last Christmas present. Travis bought me a ticket to see WICKED. My sister, Lissa, went and stood in line in the freezing cold for 6 1/2 hours in the middle of the night so we could all go together. She actually called me after she'd purchased the tickets and told me she wasn't able to get any. So, I was very surprised when I opened my gift from Travis to see a ticket. I even cried a little, but that's because I'm pregnant :). So back to Thursday, we had tickets to the 2:00 pm show so we decided to make a day of it. I met my mom and my sisters at my mom's house, then to my Aunt Brenda's house to pick up Aprille, and then we went to lunch at Johnny Carino's. So there were 5 of us all together. My mom, Lissa, Megan, Aprille, and myself. It was so much fun to have some girl time with NO KIDS!!! After lunch we went up to Capitol Theater. The show was AMAZING!!!! This was the first time seeing it for all of us and I think we would all go see it again. . . if tickets weren't $1,000 a piece right now!! I loved the set, the costumes, the acting. . . I loved everything! Well, everything except for the enormously tall man sitting right in front of me. Him I could have done with out. I think Elphaba was my favorite, although Glenda did a great job too. Defying Gravity was my favorite song, I know I've said amazing like a hundred times but . . . it was amazing! I loved the costumes in One Short Day and Dancing Through Life. I liked Popular and What is This Feeling as well. As you can see I did love all of it. I have been listening to the soundtrack since I found out WICKED was coming to Utah, but I have to say I didn't see the end coming. It was a great surprise. After the show we went to the Oz Dust Boutique and purchased our WICKED shirts. Then we went outside and took a few more pictures, then headed for home. One of the best Christmas presents I've ever received!! Thanks Babe, I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment