Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Princess turns ONE!


I had so much fun planning my little girls birthday party. I went with a butterflies and dragonflies theme. Her invitations were my favorite ones so far. I took mason jars and mod podged yellow paper around it and had dragonfly and butterfly cutouts around it. I placed tea lights in the bottom and then attached the info on a card with a ribbon. My mom saved me and had enough jars that I didn't have to buy any. Then Travis scratched off all the paper and glue that didn't come off when we soaked them. What a great hubby I have, even though he thinks I make way too big a deal of parties he always helps me out when I'm in a bind. Boys are all about Trucks, video games, and transformers. With Keira I get to let my girly side shine :). We had a BBQ at my in-laws and the kids got to play outside. I didn't plan a lot of activities because Keira wasn't old enough to really do anything. She had a lot of fun opening presents. Baby dolls, tea sets, fancy Nancy books, and cute little girl clothes and accessories. After all the fun of trying to get Keira to rip paper we watched her make a mess of her cupcake. After Alex's 1st birthday I decided that they would never get a whole cake again. . . way to big of a mess. Here is to many more girly birthdays to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment